About - Governance
Bushwalking Australia is incorporated in South Australia (Incorporation No. A38062).
The basic principles behind the governance of Bushwalking Australia are:
- Bushwalking Australia is a Federation of State-based peak-body organisations who in turn have clubs and individuals as members. Northern Territory clubs are represented by South Australia and Australian Capital Territory clubs by New South Wales.
- Bushwalking Australia is governed by a Council consisting of a delegate from each State plus co-opted members.
- Each State elects a delegate to be a Council Member of Bushwalking Australia and only delegates have voting rights. A deputy delegate is also elected from each state to stand in for the delegate when required.
- The Office Bearers are President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Insurance Officer.
- The Presidency of Bushwalking Australia periodically rotates from state to state.
- The Council has the power to co-opt additional members.
Council (2016 - 17)
|President:||Andrew Davey (Bushwalking Tasmania)
Gavin Dale (Bushwalking Queensland)
|Secretary:||David Atkins (Bushwalking Tasmania)
|Treasurer:||Bill Gehling (Walking South Australia)
|Insurance Contract Manager:||Chris Towers
|Public Officer:||Bill Gehling (Walking SA)
|NSW||Alex Allchin, Kirsten Mayer (deputy)|
|VIC||Peter Campbell, Chris Towers (deputy)|
|TAS||David Atkins, Andrew Davey (deputy)|
|QLD||Gavin Dale, John Marshall (deputy)|
|WA||Des Cook, Terry Mahoney (deputy)|
|SA||Bill Gehling, Greg Boundy (deputy)|
- Postal Address is PO Box 1007 Templestowe VIC 3106
- Email: email@example.com
- BA meets regularly via national teleconference, and communications are by
email and telephone wherever practical.
- A face to face Conference is held annually.